1. The role of the Placement Office is of a facilitator and counsellor for placement related activities. The Placement Office does NOT guarantee a job.
2. Applying for a company or joining a company is entirely the responsibility/decision of the student concerned.
3. All students who expect to graduate from the Institute by the end of the academic year 2014-15 and are seeking employment may register for campus placements with Placement Coordinators office till 28 /09/14. Placement Registration is for ONE ACADEMIC YEAR ONLY.
4. Students having 2 or more course as live backlogs are advised not to register for placement.
5. Majority companies nowadays prefer Students having 60% and above. Placement cell requests all students to score at least more than 55% so that basic eligibility criteria are satisfied.
6. Students who have acquired their degrees and were not placed in the earlier year will also be allowed to re-register.(as per companys requirements)
7. Students are advised to read the notices displayed on notice boards regularly. They are advised to go through the company website and apply only if interested.
8. Students are expected to follow the institute resume template available from the placement cell/website/notice board.
9. The details of the resume have to be genuine and any student found violating this rule will be disallowed from the placements for the rest of the academic year.
10. Resume once submitted cannot be modified. DEADLINES WILL NOT BE EXTENDED UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCE.( you can only upgrade your marks after university results are declared )
11. It is the responsibility of the student to check announcements/notices/ updated information/shortlisted names etc. on the notice boards of Placement Office/website. Students are expected to be in time as per the announcements.
12. ATTENDANCE & PUNCTUALITY:
a) A student who applies and gets shortlisted is bound to go through the entire selection process unless rejected midway by the company. Any student who withdraws deliberately in the midst of a selection process will be disallowed from placement for the rest of the academic year.
Students should maintain discipline and show ethical behaviour at every stage of the placement process. Any student found violating the discipline rules set by the company or defaming the institute will be disallowed from the placements for the rest of the academic year. a) Students found cheating or misbehaving in the selection process (PPT/Test/GD/Interview) will be disallowed from the placements for the rest of the academic year.
14. F. MISCELLANEOUS
15. MEDICAL TEST:
The Placement office assumes that every selected student will pass the medical test. If there is a rejection at this stage, the students registration will be renewed and the student becomes eligible again to seek placement through this office.
In case, student decides not to join the company, he/she should inform the company in writing with proper explanations by April 2015. They are also required to submit a copy of reply letter to the Placement Office.
Students must be formally dressed whenever they participate in any sort of interaction with a company. This office reserves the right to refuse permission to a student to attend the selection process, if their attire is unsatisfactory.
Students must bring their identity cards with them whenever they go through a placement process
19. For all matters not covered by the above regulations, the Placement Office will use its discretion to take appropriate decisions.
20. OFFER OF JOB:
Announcement on the notice board will be considered as firm offer. Offers received from companies must be collected as per timings in circular / notice. The responsibility of going through the offer letter and taking actions there upon such as submission of documents lies entirely with the student. In case offers are received directly by the student from the company, the same must be intimated to the Placement office with a photo copy of the offer letter for record purpose.
21. MULTIPLE OFFERS: Each student is eligible for only one job offer.
a) If a student receives more than one offer owing to delays in the announcements of results by the companies, the student is bound to accept the job offer which is most suitable to him or her and inform placement office as well as the companies concerned accordingly.
b) If the results are declared on the same day, the student may choose from the offers in hand and inform the placement office of his/her choice, within 24 hrs of announcement of results.
22. Every student who is selected by a company is out of placement thereafter i.e. deregistered from the placement activity . A deregistered account will be activated, only on a case to case basis, at the discretion of Advisor, Training & Placement.
23. PRE PLACEMENT OFFERS:
a) The Placement Office has de-linked Pre-Placement Offers from placements. Hence, students who have a pre-placement offer will be allowed to register for placements.
b) However, such students will be eligible to appear for placements until the day on which the company (which has offered PPO) visits the campus.
c)The student/company should inform Placement Office if he or she has got offer - PPO/PPOs.
d)The Companies offering a PPO are expected to inform the Placement Office when the student has conveyed his/her acceptance of the PPO prior to commencement / their visit to the Institute for placement.
e) The Student has to send his/her acceptance of the PPO through the Placement Office only. Such students will not be allowed to sit for further placement process.
For any further Query, Doubt, Questions please feel free to meet your Placement Coordinators at your respective Departments.